Friday, February 10, 2017

Whatever Happened to What's Her Name

I ended the year a bad blogger and I started the year a bad blogger. Does anyone remember me? Will anyone notice I've posted new quilts? Time will tell.

It's hard when you haven't blogged in such a long time...do you start where you left off? Or where things are now? Or do you just go with the pictures you've downloaded from your camera?

I made this quilt top over six years ago. Now the quilt is done!


Barbara (my long arm quilter) followed the leaf design in the fabric. I love how it turned out.  My pictures don't do the quilt justice, it is very bright.


I have been very overwhelmed by my scrap bins lately, and my scrap bags, and my baskets, and the scraps all over the floor. I've decided this is the year to use them up. Ha! I think it will take more than one year to use up my scraps.

Here's my start. I made this little quilt over the holiday's from my box of 5 inch squares. Very fast and easy. I want to put a soft pretty flannel on the back.


This has been my travel quilt for a couple of years. It is all flannel. The pattern is Turning Twenty. I'll save it to use as a back for a future quilt.


This one was fun to make. The pattern was a freebie from the Fat Quarter Shop. They made it from a jelly roll. I made mine from a bag of 2 1/2 inch scrap strips that were under 10 inches long.


You would think all of these would have made a dent ... nope. I can see the floor now.

I have more but I haven't downloaded the pictures from my phone yet. I promise I won't wait over three months to show them.

6 comments:

Loris said...

Awesome progress :-) I like the leaf quilting too. I finally have my house back together and because of the rain (though it was a poor excuse) I sewed all day yesterday :-) Didn't walk my bored dogs till the rain cleared late afternoon. I could do that everyday but there would be quite a mutiny here!

Needled Mom said...

I've been a terrible blogger lately too. I love your finish and the quilting is perfect for it. The new blocks look great. I've always like those block designs.

Lin McQ said...

I like all your scrap quilts. I too was very overwhelmed with my scraps. I gave a 6# bag of strings to a professor at a local university for her class project. And I'm devoting the first six months of 2017 to making NIC unit quilts, pillow cases and veteran quilts. I'm dedicated to using up what I have before buying or starting anything new.

AnnieO said...

Hey, Joy, glad you're still stitching! Great quilts. My scrap bins are overwhelming me too at the moment. I need some heavy duty piecing time to clear things out!

Rose said...

Oh, I so love that first quilt...it is gorgeous. I like the other tops as well. I have been giving that last one some serious thought. It would/should be easy.

Do you ever have trouble making up your mind what to start on...I would get so much more done if I did not dilly dally making decisions.

Anonymous said...

Wow your quilts are amazing,I think you are very clever,well done,and good to see you blogging xx